It’s sure been a while! Here’s what I’ve been busy doing over the past few weeks:
- Spent Christmas and New Year’s with my family in Malta
- Continuing to study Spanish (stay tuned for original Spanish content)
- Weekend trip to Barcelona for Carnaval
- Weekend trip to Granada to check out the city, eat tapas, and ski in Europe’s southernmost ski resort
- More skiing fun in the Aragonese mountains near Teruel
- Learned how to drive a manual car
The last item involved me getting stuck in a small town and having to reverse up a one-lane cobbled-stone street with a 15 degree pitch in front of an audience of smirking residents, touring my neighbourhood multiple times to find parking and eventually racing another car to a parking spot by reversing down a one-way street, and driving up a snowy mountain road in a car without snow tires or chains.
This weekend I’m heading off to nearby mountains to do a biking-mountain climbing race, and next week I’ll be heading off to Amsterdam and Geneva (including a skiing stopover in the Swiss Alps, of course).
That’s my quick update, as usual, stay tuned for more details! Don’t forget to check out photos.raphsammut.ca for new pictures!