WordPress 3.0 has finally been released, and is now installed on RaphSammut.ca. I’m not sure what happened, but the automatic update knocked out my website and I am now going through the painful process of restoring everything.
(Obvious) Lessons (re-)learned:
- Always back-up your files!! It’s as easy as making a tar.gz archive of your wordpress directory and a simple backup of your MySQL database.
- Remember to disable all your plug-ins first (this may have caused my crash).
- Put your site into maintenance mode before updating.
I could not get anything to work properly, so I just ended up installing a fresh copy of wordpress and am now transferring all my files to the new installation.
Oh well, you live you learn..
The reason I updated WordPress was so that I can start attacking my back-log of unwritten posts! Here’s my checklist:
- Trip to Florence, Pisa, Siena (May 28-30)
- The Curious Incident of the Angry Algerian with Two Knives in the Night-Time (June 3)
- Trip to Malta (June 11-12)
- Trip to Rome (June 18-20)
- Las Hogueras de San Juan de Alicante (June 21-24)
What else is new?
- A big welcome to the new Canadian interns, Lucy Yin and Kasper Woiceshyn who have started working at CYPE Ingenieros in Alicante, Spain and are sharing the flat with us.
- I bid farewell to by far the nicest and most fun room mates I’ve had the pleasure of sharing a flat with: Conni & Sebastian! (You can check out their awesome blog here).
- The amazing atmosphere we’ve had in Alicante these past few days due to the feast of St. John and the World Cup (Spain is still in the running!!)
- My dear mother and brother are visiting a week from today. We’ll be two road-trips: Alicante-Granada/Motril/Trevelez-Toledo-Cuenca-Valencia AND Valencia-Barcelona-Madrid.
- My Grandmother and cousin are visiting at the end of the month for a weekend.
- I head to Malta for 10 days from August 7-17, followed by a visit to Finland from August 18-22 and Gothenburg City, Sweden from August 28-29.
Stay tuned for the promised posts! Now that I’m on half-day summer schedule I have time to catch up 😀